Saturday, February 28, 2009

Pew and midterms a dangerous cocktail

So I've got 2 Midterms next Friday that I've been feverishly studying for and haven't had much time at all for pewing in EVE. The most I've been able to do is keep my production lines running hot as to keep making money while not taking any loses but unfortunately I'm not exactly moving as much volume as I'd like. But I do have a few stories from a week or so ago that I'd like to share so I'll start with my most recent encounters and work backwards.

Few days ago I needed a break from studying, so I hopped in my Arbitrator and flew out looking for some ships I could shoot at. An hour later I'm getting pretty bored and discouraged. I decide to take the long way home and check out a few systems on my way. I come across a drake ratting in a belt. Of course I first giggle to myself at the Drake with an unchanged ship name and check his age before warping in directly on top of him, pointing and webbing him. He's got a few NPC frigs on him which I appreciate so I release ECM drones and sit to see if any help arrives. None does so I scoop those for my Valk IIs. I know not the best damage type for fighting a Drake but I wasn't exactly prepared for this. He chips away at my armor tank as I start putting dents into his shields. I'm at 25% armor he's at 50% shields when he stablizes with his peek recharge. He gets me into structure as hes at 35% and I run away like a bitch *\o/*. On my how I get nabbed by a gate camp even though I had a cloak. Which pissed me off entirely.

A week ago.
Was looking for action in our home system, and we caught a hawk with Giisti B-Type stuff he took a while to go down but we made it happen. Then no one looted the son of a bitch and the vultures got his shield booster. An hour later our gang is looking for action, probably 12 of us or so. I say I'll warp out to planet 9 (the one planet not in scan range from the other belts. I warp to zero and land right on a Devoter. I point web ECM drones etc. Their fleet shows up then ours does. We have ECM so a few of them run, we manage to kill a Crow Devoter and Thorax.

A week and a half ago.
Ran into a Maller, I could have soloed him but I was ganged with a few people so he went down fast. Right after that the exact same thing happens. Find Maller gang blows him up. I have to say they are my favorite ship to fight when they are setup correctly (i.e. kor anon's fit). This gang also manages to kill a Blackbird and Thorax.Our gang is about 5 strong. The day before all this we get a gang going and slam head long into another gang with similar numbers I think about 7-10 We have enough jams going around to totally fuck up their day. We get away with an Ishtar and Cerb kill. Before they all start running for their lives. We manage to find an anhilate a Drake after this that was T2 fitted and rigged costing about 110mil. Why they hell people fly these ships solo is beyond me. Earlier when I logged I found a Caracal sitting a belt ratting. I popped him with ease and he convos me to sincerely congradulate me on a good kill and explained how he wants to start a pirate career of his own. I go to find another Caracal and almost engage when a Celestis shows up and the Caracal runs to planet 9. I give chase try to find them and do at a safe spot, which made me curious so I just sit at the belt out there hoping they come find me when I see the Caracal's pod on scan. As I'm running through what could have happened in my head the Celestis pilot convos me and challenge's me to a 1v1. I quickly accept and we gang and i warp to his SS. Seeing the Caracal wreck as I warped in I only could think how high and mighty this guy must feel right now and how he has no idea what my Arbitrator has in store for him. He releases ECM drones and shoots me with blasters. So in response I pop his ECM drones and stay out of his range while my drones chew through him. He pops and congradulates I thank him and tell him to come back any time. But I can't help but feel sore about not getting that Caracal kill.

My two favorite kills.
My two favorite kills of this timeframe come in the form of Typhoons. The first kill we got when the pilot brought his solo phoon to a belt. We got a point ECM etc on him. Our gang was: Arbitrator, Thorax, Wolf, Kitsune, Rifter, and two Stabbers. Took a good bit but we brought him down. The next we didn't get a KM for, but it was a good kill none the less. We pinned down a Typhoon in a belt and had a Stabber, Falcon, Rifter, Arbitrator. Not nearly enough DPS so as we called out in corp, alliance, and our public chan, he activates self destruct. We get him to 10% armor when he suicides. I was pissed and he was being all high and mighty. But they truth of it was he took the chicken shit way out to save him self the incredible embaressment of getting killed by such a small group. Either way I'm counting it as a kill and a win in my book.

My midterms end right before Apocrypha, so you'll see posts with me getting all kinds of fun kills in W-Space and in low sec (with BS spawns there who knows what we'll find >:D) I also have a huge money making scheme in the works that once it is completed I'll share the story.

Till then fly in style,
AOC

No comments:

Post a Comment